Top Three Motivational Quotes for ExerciseFeb 28, 2022
I always struggled with the idea of motivational quotes and affirmations.
Something about repeating words that someone else said - or that I thought I should believe - felt fake, empty and mostly just frustrating. I had a lot of other tools in my toolbox, and I just went to those. But after a really (really. REALLY.) rough patch (couple of years.), the words in my head were dragging me down, and I needed to replace them with something more positive.
In trying to use an app that pings me with affirmations throughout the day - I mean. Positive words interjected into the B.S. couldn't hurt, right? - I stumbled on a tiny shift in approach has made quotes and affirmation a powerful tool for me when I'm feeling stuck, overwhelmed or ready to level up.
Make affirmations work for you in three steps:
1. Remember a time when you felt motivated, inspired or in flow. More than anything, remember how your body felt -- in your chest, throat, belly, arms, legs, neck... what did it FEEL like?
2. As you read or repeat the quote or affirmation, bring that feeling to one or more parts of your body. Let your shoulders soften, your heart open or your chest quicken with excitement.
3. Let the words create a REAL body feel for you! Rather than just rattling them around in your head, plant them like seeds!
My FAVORITE exercise quotes:
When I read these, I bring up the "bright, energized and accomplished" feels that I get from a good workout. I'll bold the words I really focus on and often take from quote to repeatable affirmation...
- "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." — Winston S. Churchill
- "Put all excuses aside and remember this: You are capable." - Zig Ziglar
“If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” -Thomas Jefferson
Words are so powerful, friends.
Under the bar. On the mat. Whether you believe you can or you can't ... you're right. Make words work for you by embodying them and trusting your amazing self to step in.
Don't miss a beat!
New moves, motivation, and classes delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.